In April 1924, Dr. Harry met with officials from the St. Louis Zoo and the Nashville Zoo and formed the National Association of Zoological Executives, an association that could exchange information, trade animals, and assist one another with importations. This photo was taken with Dr. Harry and the St. Louis officials at the Hotel del Coronado, where the meeting took place. Top, left to right: A.D. Luchrman, St. Louis Zoo; Harry M. Wegeforth, San Diego Zoo; George P. Vierheller, St. Louis Zoo. Seated, left to right: Fred W. Pape, St. Louis Zoo; Frank Schwartz, St. Louis Zoo.
In October 1924, the organization added aquariums to the membership and changed its name to the American Association of Zoological Parks and Aquariums.