In 1959, some new exhibits and features were added to the Children's Zoo, including the Clark Children's Theater. Its design was a geodesic dome, more than 50 feet in diameter at the base and 18 feet hight, placed over an area of child-height stools and a curved, raised stage. There were backstage areas for both humans and animals and places for information displays out front. It was a flexible space designed for a variety of educational presentations and opportunities for children to learn about animals in greater depth. It was made possible by Mrs. Henry B. Clark, who donated her Point Loma estate to the Zoo.