1921

Beginnings 1916 - 1926

In 1921, Dr. Harry finally won his struggle to find a permanent home for the Zoo, and the Board of Park Commissioners for the City of San Diego granted the land in Balboa Park. This view looks from the undeveloped Zoo grounds back toward the California Tower and the Laurel Street bridge.

Share
© 2018 San Diego Zoo Global Site by Mindgruve